HOT & SPICY PORK FRIED RICE
1. Fluff the rice and gently mix in 1-2 tablespoons of water and 2 teaspoons of oil until all the grains of rice are coated. Set aside.
2. Lightly beat the eggs with salt and scramble in a lightly oiled large frying pan or wok, until the eggs until are mostly set but slightly runny. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
3. Cook the ground pork over medium high heat, breaking up, until crisp and cooked through.
4. Add the onions and sauté over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 1-2 minutes.
5. Turn the heat down to low and add the rice, breaking up to cook and crisp. Cooking on low ensures that the rice stays fluffy and moist.
6. Add the pork and eggs back into the pan along with NYC Classic Sauce, tossing. Turn the heat up to high and stir while frying to everything smoky and crisp. Add the jalapeños and scallions, toss to incorporate and enjoy.
2 cups cooked rice
2 large eggs
½ lb ground pork
¼ medium onion, diced
2 tbsp NYC Classic Sauce
2 jalapeños, deseeded if desired, and diced
2 scallions, thinly sliced
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes