HOT & SPICY PULLED PORK SANDWICH
1. Prepare pork shoulder by trimming off any excess fat you may not want (this is a preference).
2. Rub a light coating of yellow mustard on the outside so that your seasoning can adhere to the meat easier (this will not leave a mustard flavor).
3. Put a liberal coating of Rainier Foods Omega seasoning on all sides of pork shoulder.
4. Toss on Traeger (or other smoker) @ 225 degrees for 3-4 hours until a bark forms and it starts to look dry, then start spritzing the meat every 30-45 minutes. I used Meatsweats Hog Wash spritz, but you can use water, apple juice, etc.
5. Turn heat up to 250 degrees and continue cooking until the meat hits an international temperature of about 165 degrees.
6. Place pork shoulder in a tin baking dish, spritz one more time, then cover the top tightly with tin foil.
7. Place back on smoker or oven at 275 degrees until it reaches an internal temp or 203-205 degrees and your probe slides in with no resistance.
8. Rest 1 hour in dish while still covered, remove foil, then pull the pork apart and sprinkle some Rainier Foods Smoky Honey seasoning all over and mix.
9. Add pulled pork to a toasted bun, then put a generous amount of NYC Classic Sauce on the pork, top with coleslaw and any other ingredients you like.
1 pork shoulder roast (or pre-made pulled pork if preferred)
Rainier Foods Omega & Smoky Honey seasonings
Meatsweats Hog Wash Spritz
Pretzilla Burger Buns
NYC Classic Sauce
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 Hours (Slow Cook)
Serves: 8-10 People
Follow Us On Instagram! @NYCClassicSauce
For your convenience