1. In a pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic, and ginger and cook until slightly soft but not brown, about 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the kabocha and stock and bring up the heat to high until the soup comes to a gentle simmer. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the kabocha is tender, 20-30 minutes.
3. Once tender, carefully transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
4. Pour the soup back into the pot and stir in the NYC Classic Sauce. Taste and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Finish with a drizzle of extra NYC Classic Sauce and pepitas.
1 tbsp butter
½ small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1 small kabocha squash, peeled and cubed, about 4 cups
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
2 tbsp NYC Classic Sauce
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 4 People
Follow Us On Instagram! @NYCClassicSauce
For your convenience