KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN & WAFFLES
1. Dredge chicken completely in Korean flour mixture, making sure the chicken is completely covered evenly.
2. Heat your favorite frying oil (approx 1.5 inch depth depending on the pan you are using) to 350°F or when the wooden chopstick bubbles fast! (old school trick) Oil does not have to completely cover chicken because you will be flipping them to cook each side.
3. Gently lay the chicken into the oil on one side. Fry the chicken tenders on each side for approx. 3min. until a very light brown. You will be frying them again for the extra crunch and color. Set aside to dry on a wire rack with a paper towel/pan or plate underneath if needed to catch the excess oil. Fry them again until a nice golden brown and you can feel they are rigid and crunchy as well. Set it on a wire rack to drain any excess oil. Tip: If you leave them on a flat plate/surface they may get soggy.
1. Plug in the waffle maker so it heats up while making the mixture to save time.
2. Follow the recipe for Birch Benders Keto waffles adding water to the amount of batter mixture needed for waffles. Add ricotta and lemon juice. You want a thicker but very smooth oatmeal like consistency (no lumps). Add water slowly if you are unsure of the amount, adjust accordingly.
3. Take a small slice of Miyoko's butter and spread it on both sides of the crevices of the waffle maker. This not only provides a non-stick layer but gives the waffles some color.
4. Put a heaping tbsp of waffle batter into the maker, filling about 75% of the surface. The rest will fill up when you close the lid.
Note: I am using a mini waffle maker for smaller portions ; so you will have to make more waffle batter if you have a full size waffle maker.
Typically there is a red indicator light that is on when you close the lid with the batter inside. It's designed to turn "off" when the waffle is ready. You do not have to rely on it. Check on the waffle a couple minutes in if necessary. It should have a golden crust on the outside and fluffy on the inside with all the batter completely cooked.
NYC Classic Sauce and Señor Lechuga hot sauce together this mixture is really really good). Chop green onion into 1/4 inch rings and add to sauce.
Plate up one waffle and two pieces of fried chicken. Add Moose Maple syrup and a tab of Miyoko's butter to waffle. Top chicken with sauce mixture and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds Garnish with a slice of lemon.
Recipe provided by @akira.victual.hub
4 large chicken tenders or more*
Beksul Korean fried chicken flour mix (red bag at HMart)
1 ½ cups Birch Benders Keto waffle mix
1 tbsp of ricotta cheese
1 tbsp lemon juice
Miyoko's vegan butter (for waffle maker and topping)
Moose Mountain Maple co. 100% pure Vermont USA maple syrup
1 tbsp NYC Classic Sauce
1 tbsp Señor Lechuga x NYC Classic Red Sauce *spicy*
One stalk of green onion, a lemon slice and toasted sesame seeds for garnish
1 Dash mini-waffle maker (or of choice)
*I highly recommend making more fried chicken pieces due to the consumption during the cooking process prior to plating. Dip in sauce mixture as desired.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes